PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE
Graduates of the Physical Therapy Aide and Administration Specialist program are prepared to sit for the Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC) exam facilitated by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO EARN YOUR CERTIFICATION AS A PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE?
The Physical Therapy Technician Certification is designed for those eager to begin a career as a Physical Therapy Aide. According to the BLS, this field is anticipated to increase by 32% by 2030 which equates to an average of 23,800 jobs that open up every year. In the United States there are over 38,000 facilities providing physical therapy.
Not only is the clinical knowledge important, but physical therapy aides also benefit from extensive knowledge of the administrative side. Graduates of the Physical Therapy Aide and Administration Specialist program will also be prepared to take the CMAA certification exam which is delivered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and the Physical Therapy Technician Certification (PTTC) with is administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE OUTCOMES
PROGRAM FAST FACTS:
You’ll be readied for career paths that include Physical Therapy Aide, Rehabilitation Aide, and Physical Therapist Assistant
Students can start at any time — no waiting for months to get going • The program is entirely online
Remote instructors are there to provide mentorship and one-on-one guidance
THE CMAA CERTIFICATION ENSURES INDIVIDUALS CAN:
- Understand basic human anatomy and effectively use medical terminology in a healthcare setting
- Maintain privacy of patient information in compliance with HIPAA/HITECH, OSHA, CMS, and other healthcare regulations and laws
- Effectively use Diagnosis and Procedure codes and employ Electronic Health Records and related Practice Management
- Recognize the importance of maintaining a safe clinical environment free from infection
- Gain familiarity with laboratory, specimen collection techniques, cardiopulmonary testing, pharmacology, and medication administration
- Administer medications, assist with minor procedures, and handle laboratory specimens under the direction of a supervisor
- Communicate with patients to record vital signs, take medical histories, prepare patients and rooms for examinations, and provide basic patient education
WITH THE PTTC CERTIFICATION YOU WILL SHOW THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO:
- Comply with HIPAA/HITECH, OSHA, CMS, and other healthcare regulations, laws, and ethics
- Understand the medical terminology needed in an administrative setting
- Evaluate an office’s scheduling needs and appropriately book patient services
- Properly obtain patient information including verifying insurance coverage
- Ensure that all forms are prepared correctly
File medical records correctly
- Perform any financial or other general administrative procedures needed
OVERVIEW OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY
The American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), established in 2010, strives to enhance the allied healthcare industry by providing nationally-recognized certification exams that validate the knowledge and skills of professionals in this field. The AMCA actively collaborates, serves, and supports the allied healthcare industry and its professionals. To be eligible to earn an AMCA certification, candidates must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent and be at least 18 years of age.
SELECT THE RIGHT TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOUR GOALS
Physical Therapy Aide
The Physical Therapy Aide and Administration Specialist online program will prepare you for an entry-level career in the healthcare field.
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST!
INTERESTED IN ANOTHER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM?
Founded in 1892, Southern Adventist University provides a quality, Christ-centered undergraduate and graduate education to approximately 2,700 students each year. Caring professors, hands-on training, and a wide selection of academic options prepare students for success, as demonstrated by our graduates’ impressive job placement numbers and high median starting salaries. Located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, Southern’s 1,300-acre campus features nearly 40 miles of hiking and biking trails, a top-notch fitness center, and much more.
INVESTING IN A SOUTHERN DEGREE
Investing in a college degree is an important decision. Southern’s traditional degrees offer financial aid options for students. Learn about Southern’s Student Finance Options.