HEALTHCARE IT TECHNICIAN
Graduates of the Healthcare IT Technician program are prepared for two different tracks. The certifications possible include the CompTIA Network+ certification (Net+), the CompTIA A+ Certification, and the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS).
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO EARN YOUR CERTIFICATION AS A HEALTHCARE IT TECHNICIAN?
Through the Healthcare IT Technician Program, you are eligible for 2 different tracks. One track includes the CompTIA Network+ certification (Net+) and the CompTIA A+ Certification, while the other includes the CompTIA A+ Certification and the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) certification.
To become certified, candidates must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
HEALTHCARE IT TECHNICIAN OUTCOMES
PROGRAM FAST FACTS:
You’ll be readied for career paths that include Information Support Specialist, Implementation Manager, PC Technician, Technical Support Specialist, Technology Specialist, Helpdesk Technician, Network Technician, Network Installer, and IT Cable Installer
Students can start at any time — no waiting for months to get going.
The program is entirely online
Remote instructors are there to provide mentorship and one-on-one guidance
THE NET+ CERTIFICATION ENSURES INDIVIDUALS CAN:
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a basic network infrastructure including using common ports and networking protocols
- Understand and use networking technologies, as well as basic network design principles
- Program, install, and differentiate between common network devices
- Install and maintain both wired and wireless networks following standard protocols and using modern testing tools
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Support security on the network as well as set up controls and security for individual users
- Identify and explain common IT issues
THE COMPTIA A+ CERTIFICATION ENSURES INDIVIDUALS CAN:
- Understand the basics of technology, networking, and IT security
- Understand operating systems and basic troubleshooting methodology
- Identify hardware and security components
- Understand best practices and be able to enact proper computer safety procedures
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade PC workstations including Windows and SOHO networks
THE CEHRS CERTIFICATION ENSURES INDIVIDUALS CAN:
- Understand and audit patient records to ensure they are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements
- Collect clinical information for various reports such as quality improvement studies
- Perform basic coding to submit claims for insurers
- Profess ROI requests for medical records
- Understand and review patients records to make sure they are complete and ensure proper collection of patient demographic and insurance information
OVERVIEW OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY
The National Healthcareer Association (NHA) is one of the largest allied health certification providers in the nation. Since 1989, it has awarded over one million certifications and is validated and nationally recognized as providing students with the required level of knowledge to succeed in their chosen career. It awards the CEHRS certification.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice for information technology training having awarded more than 2.5 million IT certifications. It is a huge proponent of industry growth and also offers memberships for individuals within IT fields.
SELECT THE RIGHT TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOUR GOALS
Healthcare IT Technician
The Professional Workforce Development Healthcare IT Technician program is designed to prepare students for a career in healthcare focused on Information Technology (IT).
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST!
Tracey is your Workforce Training Specialist. She is here to help you understand your program of interest, payment options and succeed! Get in touch with Tracey to learn more about your program, Southern Adventist University and how to achieve your workforce development goals!
INTERESTED IN ANOTHER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM?
Founded in 1892, Southern Adventist University provides a quality, Christ-centered undergraduate and graduate education to approximately 2,700 students each year. Caring professors, hands-on training, and a wide selection of academic options prepare students for success, as demonstrated by our graduates’ impressive job placement numbers and high median starting salaries. Located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, Southern’s 1,300-acre campus features nearly 40 miles of hiking and biking trails, a top-notch fitness center, and much more.
INVESTING IN A SOUTHERN DEGREE
Investing in a college degree is an important decision. Southern’s traditional degrees offer financial aid options for students. Learn about Southern’s Student Finance Options.