STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Graduates of the Sterile Processing Technician Program are prepared to sit for the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) exam facilitated by the Healthcare Sterile Processing Association.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Healthcare Sterile Processing Association
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO EARN YOUR CERTIFICATION AS A STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN?
Through the Sterile Processing Technician Program, students are eligible for the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Certification. Full CRCST certification is obtained after acquiring 400 hours of hands-on sterile processing experience within six months of receiving your provisional certificate.
Students residing in the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania are required to become certified within a state-mandated period of time after employment (range from 1.5 – 3 years). This is not a barrier for enrollment for students but should be reviewed with Workforce Training Specialist at time of enrollment.
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN OUTCOMES
PROGRAM FAST FACTS:
You’ll be readied for career paths that include Sterile Processing Technician, Central Service Technician, and Medical Equipment Preparer
Students can start at any time — no waiting for months to get going.
The program is entirely online
Remote instructors are there to provide mentorship and one-on-one guidance
- Upon completing the Sterile Processing Technician program, you’ll be qualified to sit for the provisional certification exam for Certified Registered Central Service Technician, sponsored by the Healthcare Sterile Processing Association. Full certification is obtained after acquiring 400 hours of hands-on sterile processing experience.
THIS CERTIFICATION ENSURES INDIVIDUALS CAN:
- Use medical terminology and understand disease processes as well as the anatomy and physiology needed to ensure safety for future patients
- Communicate effectively and professionally to customers and provide excellent customer service
- Follow compliance standards such as HIPAA, OSHA, ANSI, and AAMI
- Identify workflow processes for cleaning, decontaminating, preparing, and packaging equipment and instruments
- Differentiate quality control and assurance methods as well as understand the importance of central service process documentation
OVERVIEW OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY
The Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (formerly IAHCSMM), is the premier association for Sterile Processing professionals worldwide for more than 60 years. HSPA has served more than 40,000 members and certification holders throughout the world
SELECT THE RIGHT TRAINING PROGRAM FOR YOUR GOALS
Sterile Processing Technician
Learn how to prepare, sterilize, install, and clean laboratory or healthcare equipment in order to provide the safest environment for patients in hospitals, surgery centers, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST!
INTERESTED IN ANOTHER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM?
Founded in 1892, Southern Adventist University provides a quality, Christ-centered undergraduate and graduate education to approximately 2,700 students each year. Caring professors, hands-on training, and a wide selection of academic options prepare students for success, as demonstrated by our graduates’ impressive job placement numbers and high median starting salaries. Located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, Southern’s 1,300-acre campus features nearly 40 miles of hiking and biking trails, a top-notch fitness center, and much more.
INVESTING IN A SOUTHERN DEGREE
Investing in a college degree is an important decision. Southern’s traditional degrees offer financial aid options for students. Learn about Southern’s Student Finance Options.